Sunday, June 22, 2008

Free Skool's Bike Kitchen

A place for community benefits, shows, classes, and most popular the Bike Kitchen. Which is a chance for those of you who are in need of transportation..ahem, like myself and can't bear with the almost five dollar a gallon gas prices! The Bike Kitchen is an event held weekly by Free Skool's project Bikes Del Pueblo where you can come in and build a bike with parts donated by the community in their "bike junkyard". Hours have changed from Sundays to Saturdays from 9am-1pm at the City Heights Farmer's Market. They also can help you fix your damaged bike, or just educate you if you have a question on bike parts or whatever. I went in and got myself a beaut and am very thankful, now I can ride in Critical Mass this Friday with the friends. Which is a bunch of bikers getting together for a ride around San Diego...I'll do a follow up post on that one. In the mean time check out Free Skool's site and what they've got to offer. Thanks again all. I love you dearly.
http://bang.calit2.net/freeskool/

(Photo above from Free Skool's Site)


My magenta Schwinn <3

No comments: