Monday, June 9, 2008

I love Wes Anderson.



Bottle Rocket (1996)

Wilson bros. Hell yes.

A clip, from the 2nd remake of Wes Anderson's beginning piece which started out as a short with a Super 8mm camera starring his brothers as characters, soon evolved to 6 million dollar deal with Columbia Pictures back in '96 for Bottle Rocket. Wes Anderson, standing as one of those "mysterious" movie masterminds has always been one of my favorites. Director of some The Life Aquatic, Rushmore, and most recently The Darjeeling Limited. My take on his style would be an "in-between the steps" sort of feel. Like your growing with the writer of whatever story is being told. I love that so much. I love all the abstract shots in his cinematography, it always makes me happy seeing angles through a camera that I dont see through my own two lenses everyday. Like hes giving birth to angles to all our virginized eyes. Its...exclusive almost. Anderson flicks have the most applealing plots that tell a tale in a real natural way with ironies that feel like they surface sublimitally. I love it. I love it. Anyway I thought I'd throw something in here about him. I've been thinking about Rushmore all day long.

Besides that today after school the friends and I went down to this park near Seaport. I recommend it. I'll post the stop motion up here as soon as its done.


No comments: