Sunday, July 13, 2008

Ray @ Night

Went to this fun art walk in North Park last night, called Ray At Night. It's basically a monthly event with some amazing and talented artists. Met a couple of cool people, one being this guy named Jakin Vasquez, who has his own retail (clothing line) and is an event coordinator as well as promoter for his label called Black Thread Method Industries. I was talking to him for a short bit, but he caught sight of my camera and whipped out his card. He says he's assembled several commercial parties downtown, and they are just now starting gathering raves out in remote places. The last one he says was about 250+ people out in a place called Mecca, which is on the back side of Palm Springs. So I have his card and am pondering if I should email, and show my interest to
photo his events. He proposed that maybe I do some candid shots for some of his events to put up on the website. What do you think? Here's a photo of his brother who was playing some beats, in one of the galleries I walked through (he also plays at BTMI events)

Aside from that moment...much was to be buzzing near The Rubber Rose a sex shop, art gallery, venue for events and shows basically was the center for the gathering where a band played and this rainbow princess danced. Her hula hoop glowed! Check out the fotos :)




No comments: