Sunday, July 6, 2008

Normal Heights

Last night, I went to Lestats and drank a Milky Way thingy, and watched a show from outside the door since I didn't have the seven dollars it took to sit and watch the same view inside, from a chair. It was alright because I struck up a conversation with this guy named Mike who is an electrician and used to play bass for Silverleaf (the band that was up there playing as we spoke) as we stood outside the doors. Mike wanted to be a journalist, after he heard and was somewhat inspired by the work of Hunter S. Thompson (writer of the book Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas, Mike has convinced me to want to learn more about him, I want to go to go see this: It's a documentary tracing his life and forms of journalistic tendencies, techniques and styles. Which from what I here are totally original and out there. It's funny though as Mike was explaining this to me my memory remained totally unattached even though two weeks prior I found the flier for this documentary in Hillcrest at at bookstore near Flashbacks. At the time when i picked it up I was completely unaware that it had anything to do with anything since I was naive, not even knowing who Thompson was! Anyway, this post isn't really about the movie. Well, maybe it is, I don't really know. Anyway tonight wasn't that bad. I made a new friend, and also met a chef named Andrew on the 2 coming down from Adams Ave through South Park and into downtown, he lives in a $600 a month studio on 6th boy, he instantly became embarrassed when we got off on 5th and started walking to the trolley and I told him my age. Well if that isn't the 4th time this week...

P.S. All I had today was a Kashi Bar and a milkshake. Ew. I left my bike at work (its locked at least phew.)

No comments: