Wednesday, June 3, 2009

SD IndieFest VI 2010

Well, the UT thing is on hold for me until this fall, which has now given me the time and dedication to peruse a full internship with Danielle Lo Presti's mega project IndieFest VI, which is now on for March 27th, 2010--60 bands 6 stages. Shes a sweet lady with an amazing drive. We're doing feedback questionnaires to send to artists and local sponsors of last march's fest, and trying our best to fuel next years to be even better. I didn't realize how heartfelt an event like this could be for the community until at Tuesday's meeting Danielle read a very personal fan letter written to her about how a father was very touched by the connective breakthrough he had made with his teenage son by attending together. I nearly teared up at his enthusiasm and blessing--never had I heard a father so grateful to bond with his son, it was so touching and beautiful.

Besides that, I was thinking on the trolley today about how I'd like to start a "today I saw" photo posting series. There are a lot of things I feel like I take notice to each day and don't share with others. Certain things that I may see that are problematic and should be open for discussion that I seem to accept and overpass in daily commotion. I think this would be a good way to get to know San Diego and really reflect on its people and way of life. If this is too "indie" of me, please bite me, but I hope that digital images will be cleared than trying to explain mental screen caps to all of you. Let me know, what do you think? Email me: Amandaschoepflin@gmail.com

No comments: